· Whale sharks are the largest fish on the planet. They can grow up to 40 feet (12.2 meters) long.
· While whale sharks, are huge, they are gentle giants that are “filter feeders.” In order to eat, the beast juts out its formidably sized jaws and passively filters everything in its path.
· Whale shakes populate all tropical seas. They are known to migrate every spring to the continental shelf of the central west coast of Australia.
· Whale sharks are docile fish and sometimes allow swimmers to hitch a ride.
· Whale shakes are currently listed as a vulnerable species; however, they continue to be hunted in parts of Asia.